The confidence and trust of our customers are important to us. We understand that your privacy is very important to you. Travel Indochina Limited of 2nd Floor, Chester House, 21-27 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2AY (Registered Company Number: 5250591) ("We") are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
In this policy, Travel Indochina means Travel Indochina Limited and all of its subsidiaries, related bodies corporate, associated entities and franchised agents (if any).
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you in the course of providing a product or service or when you have other dealings with us. For example, your personal information will be collected when you deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter or an email, visit our website, complete an online registration form, provide information to complete a booking, subscribe to a service provided by us or when you visit us.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information about you that is relevant to your travel arrangements or that will enable us to provide you with our goods and services. This may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site(s): www.travelindochina.co.uk, www.travelindochina.com, www.travelindochina.com.au, www.travelindochina.co.nz (our site(s)). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your bookings.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, cookies, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with our products and services;
- consider your request for a product or service;
- provide you with information about other products and services that that may be of interest to you;
- assist in arrangements with suppliers (such as airlines, tour operators, hotels and insurance providers) in relation to the provision of a product or service;
- perform all other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Travel Indochina Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreement (for example we will disclose your personal information to suppliers such as airlines, tour operators, hotels and insurance providers) of products or services which you have purchased; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travel Indochina Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Promotions on our website may be sponsored by a third party or may be co-sponsored. Some or all of the information collected during a promotion may be disclosed to the party which sponsors or co-sponsors the promotion. We may disclose your personal information to third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities. For example, we may provide names and addresses to a mailing house to send brochures or marketing material to you. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Storage and security of personal information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper based facilities and other records.
We will endeavour to take all reasonable precautions to maintain the security of the information in our systems. We use a combination of security measures to prevent the unauthorised access of our servers and regularly review our security policies.
Any payment transactions used made on our site will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. If and where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Accessing and updating your personal information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
To find out more about managing your cookie settings visit: www.aboutcookies.org.
What about sensitive information?
We will only collect, use or disclose sensitive information with your consent and where it is desirable for your travel arrangements. Otherwise, we will not collect, use or disclose information you unless required to so by law. Sensitive information, as defined by law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information.
Information about other travellers
Marketing and privacy
Serving customers well is very important to us. As part of this service, we may use your personal information to identify a product or service that you may be interested in. We may contact you from time to time to let you know about new or exciting products or services and special offers. You may contact us at any time if you do not wish to receive marketing information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (if appropriate) or by contacting our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have a privacy complaint or query
If you have a privacy complaint or wish to update or access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org